"Launches slow moving bombs which decimate packs of cubes."
The Catapult is a fairly expensive tower, but when upgraded fully, can be a very effective tool. It focuses on AOE damage, and when upgraded to 2-2, is a deadly weapon against cube rushes.
- Extended Arm | $200 | An extended arm grants the catapult extended range.
- Heavier Arm | $250 | A heavier arm permits more throwing force, further enhancing range.
- Boom Cubes | $500 | The catapult fires explosive cubes back into the battlefield.
- More Boom Cubes | $1400 | The catapult's Boom Cubes receive Mecha armor which inflicts massive damage on Mechas.
- Reinforced Spring | $225 | Increases fire rate by reducing the arm's drawback time.
- Stretchy Rope | $300 | Speeds up the catapult's launch velocity, granting increased fire rate.
- Plasma Ball | $550 | The catapult swaps the bomb payload for a Plasma Ball, which has extreme pierce and range.
- Plasma Void | $1300 | The Plasma Ball gains massive pierce and double strip.
- The Catapult is a popular choice after the first few waves of the game. It can be paired with Ice Blast for a great pre-game combo.
- The Catapult's first four upgrades can make the Catapult itself a dangerous weapon against cube rushes and are relatively cheap.
- The Catapult is a valuable tool against cube rushes and Mechas. Its only weakness are Camos, so use Bolt Factory 4-2 or Orbital Blaster 0-4.
- If the range is too far, and the catapult is not maxxed, the projectiles may disappear before reaching the edge of the target radius.
- Misses fast targets a decent amount when going with Path 1.
- The plasma cannon rare perk for path 2 cannot aim up or down.